setup proxmox cluster in VirtualBox 6.0.14_Ubuntu

ultimate

Jul 22, 2020
Hi every Body,
I'm new user of proxmox, before seting up in production i have to improve it in virtual environment.

I followed all the steps in the video but I get an error when I create the VM: "Error: KVM virtualization configured, but not available, Either desable in VM configuration or enable in Bios" I am using VirtualBox Version 6.0.14_Ubuntu r132055. can you give me a help?
I am on a Dell with an intel processor and virtualization is enabled in the Bios.

You have to enable nested virtualization in VirtualBox. Check the System>>Processor tab for "Nested VT-x/AMD" for the VM. I haven't used VB in a while but it used to be that VB nested virtualization only worked on AMD processors. Perhaps they have fixed that.

the VT-x option is grayed out under virtualbox. gives the screenshot.

I saw however in the video that I followed that it is virtualbox which was used with the option VT-X grayed out.

But unlike the video where everything went well, mine did not release the error that I had already mentioned.

if i switch to vware i would have better luck.

You can create containers in Proxmox without that option. You can also turn off KVM Virtualization in Proxmox but then your VM's will be very slow. Can't access my Proxmox instance right now to tell you exactly where that setting is, sorry.

I don't know if it would work better under VMWare, maybe somebody else knows?

My goal is to create virtual machines not containers.
I'll install VmWare and restart the process

My goal is to create virtual machines not containers.
I'll install VmWare and restart the process

If PVE does not detect hardware assistend virtualization, then VMware will also not work. Maybe your computer does not support nested virtualization?

If PVE does not detect hardware assistend virtualization, then VMware will also not work. Maybe your computer does not support nested virtualization?

How can i know if my computer support nested virtualization?

Capt1.jpegCapt2.jpeg

Inside your VM's settings -> System -> Acceleration

3j29y22.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!