Setup paperless ngx in lxc

Matthias182

Oct 6, 2020
Hello,

I currently to setup paperless ngx to manage my own documents. I have already tried differents configurations but I struggle to get everything I ideally want. Currently running paperless in a unprivileged LXC container that has Docker and paperless in it.

Two things would be most important to me:
a) Be able to access data from Windows clients, so probably using SMB to access paperless media folder
b) Separate application and data from each other, so store the ideally on my NAS (OMV running as a VM on the same server)

So far I have setup a samba server on the LXC container which allows me to access data through SMB. But that means I have the data inside the LXC. The second requirement is not fulfilled by that.

Is anybody able to guide me on how better set this up and ideally achieve both at the same time?

Thanks,
Matthias

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!