setting up qdevice fails

Jul 17, 2019
Hi,
I just reinstalled my environment because I got a second server and I used the new 6.0.
Because of just two nodes I wanted to setup the qdevice. I have a machine running new Debian 10 with the qnetd package.
But setting up the qdevice from one of the cluster nodes fails mid process:
Code:
INFO: start and enable corosync qdevice daemon on node 'pve1'...
Synchronizing state of corosync-qdevice.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable corosync-qdevice
update-rc.d: error: corosync-qdevice Default-Start contains no runlevels, aborting.
command 'ssh -o 'BatchMode=yes' -lroot 172.16.25.1 systemctl enable corosync-qdevice' failed: exit code 1
It seems there is an issue with the init script but I have no idea how to fix it.

Alex

That's currently a bug in upstream corosync-qdevice. As a workaround, you can delete the file '/etc/init.d/corosync-qdevice' on all of your nodes.

Then either remove the qdevice and add it again, or just manually call 'systemctl enable corosync-qdevice' on your nodes - the qdevice itself should have already been added to your cluster if that's the output you're seeing; check 'pvecm status' to see if that's the case.

This issue is still present. It would be very nice, if you could give a hint in your documentation about this.
I first didn't realize, that first. Since the qdevice service wasn't enabled after the setup, my hole cluster was restarting, when I was restarting just one node and I didn't know why..

Again, a hint in your documentation could save many people much time and trouble!

Coincidentally, we just released a fixed version to 'pvetest', it will probably hit the no-subscription repo this week :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!