setting permission for users

Algon

Jul 2, 2009
Trying to set another user than root for maintaining the proxmox server v2.1, I'm asked for a (mandatoric) parameter called Path, what's that for a path?

med venlig hilsen (with kind regards)
Niels Søndergaard

Are you referring to the path in the Permissions tab of datacenter?
If so, that is a way to restrict access to specific items in Proxmox.
Here is the documentation: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/User_Management#Objects_and_Paths

Basically a path of '/' means that user has access to everything tho read/write access is controlled via the roles.
You could also set a path like '/vms/101' and that permission would only have access to vm 101.

I think the documentation is incomplete.
It mentions /vms and /storage
There must be other paths.

Proxmox team, are the other paths documented somewhere?
If not, can you please update the wiki page with a complete list of paths?

I have some questions what I cannot figure out even I read that manual again and again.
1)
How I make permission what gives user right to add and migrate vm:s to only one node?
looks that /node/kvm9 does not work

2)
How I make permission what give user right to one local disk. Not for all local disks?
looks that /storage/kvm9/local does not work

3)
Is there any command what shows all valid paths? When documentation is very limited and web UI does not show path where you are I think some kind list command helps that you do not need use hours to trying guess what path give you wanted result.

-
Feature request:
permission path to web UI

Tweak request:
if storage type is ISO images then content tab can be visible on UI (naturally without menu).

I would suggest adding regular expression support for object path, say, /vms/[100-200]. Now i have to assign path one by one for a single user.

Reactions: bryvo01

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!