Set fixed UUID for all disks in a VM

Hell,
I installed a K8s (Kubernetes) with several QEMU disks in an Ubuntu VM.
The challenge is that after a restart of the VM, the disks are no longer the same UUID as during installation.
This results in K8s not starting anymore.
In the config (/etc/pve/qemu-server/<VMID>.conf) I can set a single UUID. If I have understood correctly, this UUID is only set for the boot disk (ubuntu).
Is there a way to set the UUID's for all disks?
Perhaps there is a parameter that ensures that all disks are assigned the UUID they were given the first time you started them.
I am open to any solutions.

AFAIK, you cannot influence the disk UUID in your VM from PVE. The UUID you can set is the system UUID, not the filesystem UUID.

Ok, first thanks for your response
That I have understood correctly, this means that there is no option to set the scsi disks 1 to 9 (see screenshot) to always have the same UUID when booting.
It would be enough for me if the UUID would not change when booting.
In the /etc/pve/qemu-server/<VMID>.conf I can set a UUID for the boot disk (scsi0) and this is also retained when booting.

Then I will submit it as a change request.
Can someone tell me how and where I can do this?

1721979005311.png

That I have understood correctly, this means that there is no option to set the scsi disks 1 to 9 (see screenshot) to always have the same UUID when booting.
It would be enough for me if the UUID would not change when booting.
I don't understand what a UUID for a disk should be. Do you mean the WWN?
Could you try to explain/show what you mean that changes inside of your guest?

You can however give the disk a serial, that may be used to generate an UUID inside of the guest? You can just add it as ,serial=1234
(source)

Can someone tell me how and where I can do this?
Feature requests go to the bug tracker.

FYI, the WWN can be set via CLI, but is not exposed in the UI, e.g.
Code:
qm set 118 --scsi1 lvmthin:vm-118-disk-0,wwn=0x5566777799999999

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!