Session time in Proxmox VE Manager

gkovacs

Renowned Member
Dec 22, 2008
Budapest, Hungary
I have a server screen that has the Manager page open the whole day, but it times out in a couple of minutes and I have to log in again every time manually.

Is there a way to increase the session time for the PVE Manager to 12 hours?

I have a server screen that has the Manager page open the whole day, but it times out in a couple of minutes and I have to log in again every time manually.

Is there a way to increase the session time for the PVE Manager to 12 hours?

If you are Firefox-User you could try a workaround with the Plug-In "ReloadEvery".

Take a look here: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115
I didn't tested it and I don't know if the refresh-workaround will work, but give it a try ;).

Thanks for the idea, but it is a MS server, with only a security-hardened IE installed.

TBH I was looking for a server-side solution, which probably involves configuration of the Perl CGI engine that powers the PVE management interface.

Session Time Out

Hello,

for the first, proxmox is very cool! I was surprised about how fast to setup a bare metal installation and got my first virtual machines running!

But now I have the same issue as the original poster.

I logged in a VNC Console and downloading a big file from the internet. So I cannot go away till the download is finished - without getting any idle session timeout.

I'm using IE7 on XP. So it's the same question:
How to increase the idle session time?

Best Regards,
Andreas

From what I can tell, and maybe I am just doing something wrong, but it appears when my vnc session expires, so does any process that the vnc viewer was executing.

We are using a ubuntu 8.04 vz for backups of about 1TB of storage. I have 3 folders that I am using for a share with samba. LastNight, LastWeek, and LastMonth.

I start to cp or rsync (tried both) data from LastNight to LastMonth with the vnc viewer, and watch the hard drive space increasing on the home page of ProxMox. When the session times out, so does the growth of the drive, and the copying or rsyncing stops.

I made the drive 3.5TB so it can hold all of the data, but I just went to the host and did the copy that way /var/lib/vz/private/101/home/backup/ and that so far seems to be doing the trick.

Not sure if that is what the previous posters were referring to or not, but researching the issue brought me here.

I was unaware of the firefox plugin, will download that now. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Thanks for ProxMox again fellas, it is truly awesome and I am glad to be a part of the community :)

I start to cp or rsync (tried both) data from LastNight to LastMonth with the vnc viewer, and watch the hard drive space increasing on the home page of ProxMox. When the session times out, so does the growth of the drive, and the copying or rsyncing stops.

Simply start a background job (yes, the shell is closed when the session expires).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!