server timeout when NFS server stops

karlos

Apr 11, 2010
I just installed an NFS server and have pointed to it for backup, when the NFS server is off I'm getting the below server error. I turn it back on and everything works, why would it cause this when the nfs backup I created only needs the server at a specific time?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, root and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
[8374]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: 500 read timeout
Apache Embperl 2.2.0 [Tue Apr 27 09:02:56 2010]

Maybe am I wrong, but I would say the NFS server is described in the storage configuration and PVE periodically checks it can access all its storage via something like pvesm...

I just installed an NFS server and have pointed to it for backup, when the NFS server is off I'm getting the below server error. I turn it back on and everything works, why would it cause this when the nfs backup I created only needs the server at a specific time?

The current implementation assumes that all storage need to be online all the time. I guess we will drop that requirement in 2.0.

that could indeed cause problems in case of a failure of a multipath-accessed storage when one of the paths is down..

thanks for the clarification, I noticed it when I was trying a demo version of axenfs which times out after 30 minutes.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!