Server randomly rebooting without logs/info Proxmox 4.1

anubis

Apr 29, 2013
Hi All,

I've installed Proxmox 4.1 on brand new hardware, Asus board, 8GB ram, Core i5 processor. I opted to install Proxmox with a ZFS Raid-1 configuration on the two installed HSGT 2TB hard disks.

The problem I'm encountering is that at seemingly random point and I can replicate the issue by doing a large file synchronization between another network host and a windows 2012 guest, the server will reboot without giving warning or adding any info into the logs.

From some research, the closest thing I can find to the issue points to a memory shortage, however the board has no more slots available to add additional ram.

Is there anything else I can check/verify to see why the rebooting is occurring? Better yet, how to stop it?

Thanks
Anubis.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!