Server drives copy to proxmox VM via clonezilla - no boot

MrBooombastick

Jan 17, 2022
Hi,

I installed Clonezilla to my proxmox and wanted to back up my server from physical to virtual. It has 4 drives with 4 OSs. But so far I did this with only one drive in virtual machine - all worked fine.

Now, in the system/virtual machine, I created (proxmox) 4 drives to copy those 4 different OSs with clonezilla.
I copied them as whole disks. (Interestingly enough, they change names in clonezilla - the original physical server sould be sda-100gb/sdb-90gb/sdc-80gb/sdd-70gb - but clonezilla shows me list of disks available and mixes them up, so for example 100gb is shown as second/sdb, or 70gb sdd is shown as sda in clonezilla - why? Can something be done on proxmox or clonezilla side to copy exactly namewise to the particula drives as it suppose to be?)
When I start/boot from first one, it shows me error that it cannot boot. Not sure why - after not using clonezilla in boot order, so I would be able to boot the OS.

Also not sure if it is clonezilla problem/some settings while copying or Proxmox or not. So I am writing to both forums, just in case.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Proxmox 4 drives.jpg
    Proxmox 4 drives.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 12

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!