Server disconnected (code: 1006)

opaxweb

Oct 15, 2014
World Wide Web
www.opaxweb.com
Hello,

I am new to the forum and proxmox, currently i am facing an issue when connecting to the console.

Everytime i try to connect to the console i get the following error message: "Server disconnected (code: 1006)"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Bent
Hi, same issue here, but only on one node in cluster.

Test with newest FF, Opera, IE and Chrome.

error msg in log:
Code:
TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc -l -p 5901 -w 10 -c '/usr/bin/ssh -T -o  BatchMode=yes 217.*.*.* /usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 5402 2>/dev/null''  failed: exit code 255
TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/bin/ssh -T -o  BatchMode=yes 217.*.*.* /usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 5131 2>/dev/null''  failed: exit code 255

regards

Hi, we can post our IP if you would, we have only comment it on this post^^.

regards

ok, i wouldn´t modify it in next time, but do you have a workarround for this issue?

regards

Hi, without /dev/null:

Code:
'/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/bin/ssh -T -o BatchMode=yes 217.69.254.69 /usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 5131
-bash: /bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c /usr/bin/ssh: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Code:
/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c /usr/bin/ssh -T -o BatchMode=yes 217.69.254.69 /usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 5131
BatchMode=yes: forward host lookup failed: Host name lookup failure

Hi all, we have test lookup hostname, and reverse lookup and ping hostname ... all working fine. what can we do do solve this error?

please help. very thanks and bet regards

Hi all, we have found a solution for this problem.

you must clean /root/.ssh/know_hosts on node and cluster. after this you connect via ssh to node and cluster and have new keys. after this the vnc console works fine, without 1006 error.

regards

Reactions: Bent
Hi all, we have found a solution for this problem.

you must clean /root/.ssh/know_hosts on node and cluster. after this you connect via ssh to node and cluster and have new keys. after this the vnc console works fine, without 1006 error.

regards

Hi,

Can you give any more detail on what you did? I emptied known_hosts on the nodes, but what else needs to be done?

Thanks!

After more investigation, I found that netcat6 was installed on my servers and caused this error. I ran "apt-get remove netcat6" and novnc started working immediately afterwards.

For future time travelers:

If you want to see the console from a vm on another node in your cluster and you get error 1006 in your browser console your issue might be this:

Try to ssh from the node which throws an error to the desired target node.

node01 -> node02 (example)

You may get an error similar to this one:

Code:
Warning: the ECDSA host key for 'XXXX' differs from the key for the IP address 'X.X.X:X'
Offending key for IP in /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts:4
Matching host key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts:1
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

To fix this error, remove the entries of the broken target node in the following files (in this sample all entries about node02):

Code:
/etc/pve/priv/known_hosts
/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts
/root/.ssh/known_hosts

After this ssh from node01 to node02 via command line. You should get this info:

Code:
The authenticity of host 'node02 (X.X.X.X)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:XXXX
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

Accept with yes. Log out of the remote shell again and try to ssh into node02 (from node01) again just to check that you'll be grated access without any further question or error.

You should now be able to use your cluster as expected again.

Hello,

I am new to the forum and proxmox, currently i am facing an issue when connecting to the console.

Everytime i try to connect to the console i get the following error message: "Server disconnected (code: 1006)"

Any help is greatly appreciated.
the same error after testing how 3 browsers worked with firefox. lucky

For what its worth, i experienced the same error-code on my cluster (1006) but looking in the error on the webUI mentions of
Code:
LC_PVE_TICKET not set, VNC proxy without password is forbidden

Examining nodes i found that known_hosts were on their own ( /root/.ssh/known_hosts, /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts), instead of being sym-linked to /etc/pve/priv/known_hosts

Another observation : seems that the preference/default of a ssh-dsa key has changed to ecdsa-sha2-nistp256.

So in my setup i have used ansible to correct/inject both the ssh-dsa aswell as the ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 - keys into the known hosts located at /etc/pve/priv/known_hosts

Since then its all cool and no issues anymore.

I had this problem and managed to fix it by

clicking on the server, going to DNS and putting my gateways address in the DNS server 1

after that it installed fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!