[SOLVED] Serial Port on Host to Proxmox Console

WastedLife

Dec 21, 2020
I'm looking to setup the serial port on the host machine to connect to the default proxmox console. In this way, the host machine can be managed if the network is disconnected (or misconfigured).

I can't seem to find any docs / tutorials / guides on how to accomplish this.

Tutorials for Debian or Ubuntu should work. AFAIR this is a kernel CMDLINE parameter that needs to be set in the bootloader.

Be aware that depending on how you installed PVE, you have either GRUB or systemd-boot as bootloader. How to find out which one is used and where to change kernel parameters depending on the bootloader is explained in the PVE documentation: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#sysboot

Good to hear. I marked this thread as solved. You can do this yourself next time by editing the first post and selecting the prefix in the drop down menu next to the title :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!