Seperate Ceph Private & Cluster Network (After Setup)

infinityM

Dec 7, 2019
Hey Guys,

I've opened several threads over the past couple weeks/months about the above issue. But I realized that I was conflating corosync with ceph, and combining ceph's private and public ranges into 1 thing aswell...

So I want to pose a question very spesific and I'm hoping someone can either advise how to, or point to where I can find a guide or some helpfull resources (I did read the doc's and I don't feel they explain enough how to do it that I'm willing to accept the risk).

So i've got a 4 server cluster. Each server has about 7 HDD's. I've got a live IP range for each server, and I've got a 2nd IP range for corosync. THis is working well.
But i'd like to get the best possible performance, So ceph is syncing on the live IP range and it's same port.

I would like to get ceph to do data syncing on a new IP range, and the cluster cmmunication on it's own range aswell (maybe on the same one as corosync if there's no risk?)

How can one seperate these 2 options into seperate networks and do ti safely without downing the cluster or losing data?
Does anyone have a guide or link to resources (Free or premium) which may assist?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!