Separate OSDs?

MoreDakka

May 2, 2019
Not sure how I can name this but here is goes for a description.

Currently we are still in the testing phases of our proxmox/ceph cluster as we are waiting for some funding to get a whole wack of SSDs for this thing.

Here is what I have currently:

4x r710
h700 controllers (these will be changed to 300s to give the drive control to ceph when we go production)
2x450gb SAS for Proxmox OS drive
1x 240Gb consumer SSD
10g NIC to Quanta LB6M for CEPH
2x 1Gb - Management
2x 1Gb - Network access

We have been contact by a client who is looking for offsite storage and we were thinking that ProxCeph might be the answer. However I want to use lower cost 4Tb drives for that client and have a separate ceph setup and have 2Tb Prosumer SSDs for the proxmox VMs/CTs. I don't want them mixed as I've noticed a massive drop in performance when adding spinning disks to the ceph cluster.

Is it possible to assign OSDs to a specific "drive"?

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!