Sending mail alert on proxmox node disconnection.

Franck Martinière

May 15, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am new to Proxmox.
I have configured one cluster with two nodes and a DRBD disk.

Everythings work well : if I switch off a node, all VM are started on the other node.

Now I am looking how to send alert email on node disconnection. I haven't seen any documentation on internet.
Postfix is well setup I can send mail by command line : echo "test email" | mail -s "mail title" f.martiniere@environnement-sa.com

When I switch off a node I don't see any event in /var/log/mail.log.

Is someone can help me ?

Thank's in advance.
Franck :confused:

Hi Frank,
not realy an help - I do this with my icinga monitoring box (nagios fork).
But you can create an cronjob which control the status like
Code:
*/5 * * * * if [[ `pvecm nodes | egrep -v "  M  "\|"Node  Sts   Inc   Joined"` ]]; then echo "Node failed"; fi
(instead echo your mail-process)
This checks every 5 minutes if an nodes in the cluster is not flaged as M(ember) - not tested

Udo

Thank's Udo,

I have done something like that. I check the corosync.log file and then generate a mail alert.
But I thought that there is other solutions.

Regards,
Franck.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!