Sender address rejected for notification emails from mail gateway host

Discussion in 'Mail Gateway: Installation and configuration' started by symmcom, May 17, 2018.

1. symmcom

symmcom Active Member

Hello,
    I am using PMX MG for both incoming and outgoing emails. Emails are flowing fine, except the Deferred Mail list is full of items saying
    Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command)

The error msg is only for all notification emails the gateway is trying to send to the admin email. The sender address shows postmaster@hostname.domain.com, instead of postmaster@domain.com. Nobody is getting these SPAM notifications or any other notifications that the gateway is trying to send out. What do I need to configure further to start receiving this notification emails?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Spanguel

Spanguel New Member

I have the exact same Problem. My workaround was to setup the subdomain as Maildomain. So my Server knows the sender. But I'm not relaying it.

Would be nice, if that can be changed.
    additional info: Its only the Proxmox Status Report that gets send from postmaster@hostname.hostdomain.tld

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice