Send metrics to nat with timed out errors.

ozgurerdogan

Renowned Member
May 2, 2010
Bursa, Turkey, Turkey
I am running influxdb in a nat of pve kvm environment.

I see randomly:

metrics send error 'Monitor': 500 Can't connect to 8.8.8.8:8086 (Connection timed out) but metrics are being collected.

I have forwarded 8086 to influxdb internal nat ip (in pve).

What could be issue?

I have tried dedicated vds with public ip but I still see these timeouts. So I guess it is not on remote site (influxdb) but pve side. So I think I can ignore them. But they cause small short outages on pve graphs.

Last edited:
So basically it works, did I understand that correctly?

Are you sure it's because of the NAT? Maybe an InfluxDB is simply not configured optimally and the VM / container has too few resources? How big is your setup that writes there?

Does influxdb really need fast hardwares?
It depends, I gave my Go-Graphite instance 8 cores, 16 GB of RAM and a RAID10 made up of 6 SSDs so that the metrics can be written accordingly. The instance must be able to process 10 MB/s for me.

That's why I asked about the size of your cluster. Otherwise you still have all your logs and certainly also monitoring in which you can see the utilization.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!