Secure Boot error

Bishop27

Jul 3, 2024
Upgrade to Kernel 6.8.8.2 yesterday, went to reboot and I received a SHIM violation - secure boot issue. I then proceeded to disable secure boot in the bios and the it just sits there at the loading screen. Any and I mean any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

which kind of hardware is this? can you boot an older kernel? do you remember which other upgrades you installed between that reboot and the reboot before it?

I’m running a minisForum intel core i7 12th Gen 12650H 10c/16T 4.7G
Intel UHD Graphics
64g Ram
FYI - When I was updated to Kernel 6.8.8.2 I was asked about secure boot and I did not select secure boot. So I think that is where I messed up. Secure boot was enabled in my bios before I update proxmox. After I turn off secure boot in my bios I able to get this screen that gives me to option to press C afterwards it shows me a command line like this - grub >

I updated using the proxmox gui. During the upgrade it asked me did I want to continue using secure boot and I’m pretty sure I selected continue without using.

could you provide the relevant parts of /var/log/apt/history.log and /var/log/apt/term.log (both might be rotated already, so please also check those!)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!