Second linux bridge

drjaymz@

Jan 19, 2022
I have 3 nodes in a cluster all running on a 192.168.6 subnet with a gateway of 6.4 and that all works fine, my containers can get a real IP via DHCP.
I wanted to have a second subnet. 192.168.80. I tried this on my nested proxmox cluster and that all worked fine. When I add 80 subnet to my cluster I cannot log in to the web interface.

1646059079632.png

I can view this node via one of the other nodes web interfaces but once I add 80 and apply the configuration then there isn't a web interface listening on 6.5 anymore. I have this working on another cluster!?
I tried just rebooting the node in the case that apply doesn't immediately apply.

What did I do wrong?

Here's another cluster - slight difference is that its 0 subnet not 6 and also has a .1.1 subnet but it works perfectly well. As you can see we're viewing it via 0.14.
1646059577822.png

Last edited:
Ok, here is the sillyness, that I have figured out but I am still a bit confused.
I am working remotely via VPN which goes via an intermediate network which is the 80 subnet (the real one).

I am trying to get some of those servers into proxmox which is why I created the 80 subnet vmbr1. So when thats enabled for some reason I cannot route to the web interface anymore as if I was trying to contact 80.1 - which I am not, My endpoint is 192.168.6.5:8006 as above. I changed my route in the company to avoid the 80 subnet and all works fine.

So why, then, does the 80 virtual subnet stop me getting to 192.168.6.5?
Does this mean that my virtual 80 is not isolated? That will cause havoc if its not.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!