Second gateway

netbone

Feb 5, 2009
Hi all!

Is it possible to add a second gateway to proxmox master and slave?

I have two router inside my network.

Router 1:

Router 2:

Is there any way to use both - or if not - at least to switch router when first is down?

Think that you can just add a default route to each of them - (although I think that only round robins - not autodetects they are down...)

route add default gw X
route add default gw y

try is and take the routers out and see what happens.

did not work. Linux accepts only one gate. :confused:

seems here is windows server better than linux ...

NOTE: A default gateway is a 'default' gateway.

I is nonsense trying to define 2 'defaults'. Instead you should define other routes.

NOTE: A default gateway is a 'default' gateway.

I is nonsense trying to define 2 'defaults'. Instead you should define other routes.

This is true only if you have ONE default gateway... but if you have multiple providers it's normal to have ONE default gateway per provider...

Explicitly: for each table i have one gateway that becomes the default for the named table. When the packets come's through one priovider they should reply through the same provider.

In many words: Dietmar is right, only one default but... iproute2 "docet"

In many words: Dietmar is right, only one default but... iproute2 "docet"

Sure, but lets go back to the original problem:

Is there any way to use both - or if not - at least to switch router when first is down?

Whats the best way to setup such 'redundant' routing? Use different metrics?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!