israel
hi
i have a dell server
and the it cant find any compatible hard drives

there is hardware raid

what to do ?

cant install ...

Hello Barry,

What type of Raid controller (Vendor/Type) do you have?

If you provide us this detailed information, we will take a look on it and we will update our installer as soon as possible.

A quick workaround would be to use the internal Adaptec SCSI Controller (no RAID) or simply a IDE/SATA Disk it this is possible.

Regards,
Martin

V1.6 includes both drivers, aacraid and megaraid. The correct driver for your card should be autotetected at boot time.

Try to boot the installer in debug mode (type 'debug' <enter> at the boot prompt) and see if the module is loaded (lsmod). Is the module detected by 'pcimodules'?

- Dietmar

Hi Dietmar,

When starting up, the first half goes by quickly, the only thing I could see that looked like an error was something like "could not determine AGP aperture size". Once it gets to the scsi stuff, it goes at a readable speed, and recognizes the other three scsi channels (A+B of Adaptec 7899 and Adaptec 7880). There is an error message among the PCI_I2O stuff, the message was:

PCI_I2O probe of 0000:08:08.1 failed with error -110

I checked pcimodules, and it returned the following three entries:

ohci_hcd
aic7xxx
i2o_core

Thanks for your reply,

Ahmad

I checked pcimodules, and it returned the following three entries:

ohci_hcd
aic7xxx
i2o_core

Ok, so it seems that 'Megaraid 467' is not supported - I am sorry (Dell should include drivers for there hardware into the linux kernel. We only support hardware when there is a driver available in the standard kernel).

Best Regards,

Dietmar

Okay, I guess we'll try the virtual machine for now.

Thanks for your help, Dietmar.

It looks like support for old megaraid cards is back as of debian/ubuntu kernel 2.6.19. We're running the kernel from Ubuntu Feisty Fawn Alpha, and it works on our PERC2/DC.

Just thought I'd update this thread in case other people are having the same problem :)

Ahmad

We will release V1.7 soon, which has an updated kernel 2.6.18. That kernel includes many drivers previously removed because of copyright issues. Maybe it works with 2.6.18 too.

- Dietmar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!