SCSI drivers on Windows XP SP3 vm.

Syndicate

Oct 5, 2019
Hi,

I'm using the virtIO drivers iso (0.1.126 ) so I can install the ISCI drivers so I can switch the IDE virtual disk to SCSI, the driver install wizard has taken so far more than 30 minutes and apprently isn't doing anything, the GUI refreshes as if it was actually working but I've been waiting a long time and it's apprently not.

Haven't found a lot of info about this, a 2016 thread said to download a newer version of virtio drivers but I'm using the latest.

Welp, that's it.

EDIT: So I decided to reset the vm and guess what, now windows xp won't even start it's stuck at the first loading screen,

EDIT: Safe mode gets stuck here, looks like it's trying to load viostor and scsiport...
1570292002060.png

Last edited:
Have you added a scsi virtio disk to your xp box before installing the drivers?

I can only say, that XP worked flawlessly and still work flawless, but I haven't installed it in a looooong time, still using templates of the final patch set.

yeah, I did, it detected the device and started looking for drivers, so I pointed the wizard to the right driver and got stuck there forever, I rebooted without finishing the wizard and then it failed to boot, I just decided to desist and used Vista instead ( it's not THAT bad)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!