Scripted export of latest Backup image file possible ?

adoII

Renowned Member
Jan 28, 2010
We would like to regularly keep backups of Data outside of the Building. The full datastore including history of all Backups of all Machines does not fit on external disks and is too much for Internet syncing.

I would like to somehow export the latest image of each vm once a week to an external drive and take this drive offsite.

Any ideas how I can script something like that ? Are there some pbs Shell Commands I should take a look at ?

another idea that crossed my mind:
you can use the proxmox-backup-client map functionality to mount disks from the backup. When you do this, you could dd them to a file. can be automated, but probably not the prettiest option

Thanks for your ideas so far. I will play a little with the map function and see if it is fast enough ....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!