sbs2011

ldb1619

Jun 11, 2011
Hello,

Trying to install MS Windows Small Business Server 2011, but getting a windows error:

Code:
Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive
while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing.
 Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

After giving ENTER to continue, it comes back to this.

What is the cause?
ISO file for this install is quite large (about 6 GB), could this be a problem?

TIA
Leen

hi,

the size of the isofile shouldn't be a problem. my iso file is 6,62GB large..

do you have installed it from a internal or external cd-rom-drive?

i've installed it successfully with the following config:
80GB Harddisk - type: virtio
8192MB RAM
cd-rom:
sbs2011-iso - type: ide
virtio-win-1.1.16.iso (virtio drivers for windows) - type: ide
guest type: windows 2008
cpu/sockets: 4
cores/socket: 1
network: e1000

I copied the iso to /var/lib/vz/template/iso with scp, because it will not work with the browser.

I will check the md5, maybe this went wrong.

I will also use your settings to try.
Will be tonight, because this morning I found a not so pleasant surprise: RAID troubles, which had to be solved first. The RAID is resyncing now, and I will not do unnecessary things on this storage atm.

Will let you know.

Leen.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!