Sata drives erroring out when adding a new NVME m.2 drive.

Maxi1134

Sep 12, 2020
Let me start by saying that I've double check and everything is properly detected on the bios, thus ruling out the "M.2 using a sata lane probem"
When adding a new NVME drive to my proxmox host, all the drives start giving this error:
https://i.imgur.com/XG13Ckx.jpg

Upon removal of the nvme everything goes back to normal.

I assume it was to due to the predictable name, but that only seems to be for my network card according to what I find online.

I would like to avoid reinstalling everything if possible!

Anyone has an idea?
Thanks!

Changed predictable name of your enp NIC is a conscequence of changed path ids. There might be also other implications, like SATA controller may get erroneously passed to a VM, if you are using passthrough.

Changed
"[Link]
NamePolicy=keep kernel database onboard slot path"
to
"[Link]
NamePolicy=slot"
But the problem still appears
Any other ideas?

You can use different naming policy for your network cards, but it will not change the fact, that path ids are still changing.
Check your PCI/GPU passthrough configuration.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!