SATA Controller Passthrough

CoralMan

Jul 8, 2023
I've seen a number of threads about this, but want to confirm. I'm trying to move from ESXI to Proxmox as it doesn't work with a Google Coral. On ESXI I have the sata controller passthrough'd to a FreeNAS VM and this has worked great. I figured I would be able to do the same on Proxmox but can't figure it out. I have run the following command. It looks like there is only a single IOMMU group which from reading other threads means there is no way for this to work? Im only making this thread to confirm this as it seems odd that ESXI handles it fine but not Proxmox.

Last edited:
I have run the following command. It looks like there is only a single IOMMU group which from reading other threads means there is no way for this to work?
Which command? What is the output of cat /proc/cmdline? Do you run an Intel platform?
Please follow the Proxmox manual and note that for Intel systems you always need to add intel_iommu=on even with kernel 5.15+ (this is a bug in the manual).

It looks like there is only a single IOMMU group which from reading other threads means there is no way for this to work?
If you don't care about security you can search for "ACS override". This will remove PCIe isolation and might not work with every hardware.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!