Same storage names on different nodes

Maksimus

May 16, 2022
There are 2 nodes on each with 2 physical disks, when adding them to the storage, on the second node it does not allow creating a disk with the same name as on the first node (2storage disk2 name). But at the same time, if the VM is located on different disks on the first node, then during migration we get an error that there is no storage on node 2 with the name disk2.
Tell me how to create storages with the same names or how to migrate a VM hosted on 2 different storages to 2 nodes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_225.png
    Screenshot_225.png
    29 KB · Views: 53
Disable the "Add Storage" Checkbox as it is already defined. Then edit that Storage under Datacenter->Storage and either add the node to the node list, or remove the node limits if you have the same storage on all nodes :)

Reactions: Maksimus
Did everything as you suggested. But all the same at migration I receive an error. How to migrate while maintaining the distribution of disks by storage?

Attachments

• Screenshot_226.png
    Screenshot_226.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_227.png
    Screenshot_227.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 40
Did you take a look at the config of the storage under Datacenter->Storage? In the top right corner of the windows when you edit the storage is a list of nodes on which it should be available. Most likely you either need to add the other node, or remove those limits completely.

Reactions: Maksimus
Not very obvious. But now everything works. Maybe it's in the manual somewhere and I didn't see it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!