Safari Only - PVE 8.2.4 - NoVNC Console Error

Ramalama

Dec 26, 2020
Hi, something changed either in PVE 8.2.4 or Safari got today an Update.
ISSUE: NoVNC Console doesn't work! xTerm Console works without issues.

-> Firefox: no Issues
-> Edge: no Issues
-> Chrome: Didnt tested, sorry
-> Safari: Doesn't work since Today.

I have like 8 PVE Servers and as Stupid as i am, i updated them all to 8.2.4 (Kernel 6.8.8) 2 days ago and yesterday. So i don't even have any Server left with PVE 8.2.2....

Issue:
Code:
Scrollbar test exception: TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'document.body.appendChild')
TypeError: globalThis.requestIdleCallback is not a function. (In 'globalThis.requestIdleCallback(this.processMutations, { timeout: 500 })', 'globalThis.requestIdleCallback' is undefined)

SCR-20240613-raxb.jpeg

Should we Open an Issue on Github of NoVNC?
Cheers

I found this issue through Google.

Today, after updating Bitwarden in the App Store, I encountered the same problem. Checking the error messages in the console output revealed that it was caused by Bitwarden's auto-fill module, which leads to browser tabs freezing.

It appears to be a bug in the latest version of Bitwarden.

Code:
safari-web-extension://xxx/content/bootstrap-autofill-overlay.js

TypeError: globalThis.requestIdleCallback is not a function. (In 'globalThis.requestIdleCallback(this.processMutations, { timeout: 500 })', 'globalThis.requestIdleCallback' is undefined)

Reactions: Ramalama
I found this issue through Google.

Today, after updating Bitwarden in the App Store, I encountered the same problem. Checking the error messages in the console output revealed that it was caused by Bitwarden's auto-fill module, which leads to browser tabs freezing.

It appears to be a bug in the latest version of Bitwarden.

Code:
safari-web-extension://xxx/content/bootstrap-autofill-overlay.js

You're amazing, thanks!
Now we need only a fix lol xD

I have the same issue on Safari. The latest Safari Technology Preview works fine though.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!