Safari on Big Sur : Issues with web-interface

Same, it seem to be an issue with Ext JS. It happens with other sites using Ext JS as well.

since we tried to debug it, but safari hard crashed without any possibility to (sensibly) debug, i'd suggest that you report this to apple and/or sencha (the extjs developers), since those seem to make a problem...
(you can try https://examples.sencha.com/extjs/ to check non-pve extjs samples)

since we tried to debug it, but safari hard crashed without any possibility to (sensibly) debug, i'd suggest that you report this to apple and/or sencha (the extjs developers), since those seem to make a problem...
(you can try https://examples.sencha.com/extjs/ to check non-pve extjs samples)
That's great recommendations, but I can't recreate the problem from the samples on sencha/ which of course. is a problem if I were to open a ticket with Apple.

That's great recommendations, but I can't recreate the problem from the samples on sencha/ which of course. is a problem if I were to open a ticket with Apple.
i mentioned that because @depeo
Same, it seem to be an issue with Ext JS. It happens with other sites using Ext JS as well.

Same issue with PVE 7.0-8, Safari creates popups that are obscured by other parts of the GUI and then the whole page freezes.
Safari Version Version 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4)

My solution - dont use Safari with PVE, Chrome works fine as does Firefox. Not my preferred solution but it works.

Same issue with PVE 7.0-8, Safari creates popups that are obscured by other parts of the GUI and then the whole page freezes.
Safari Version Version 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4)

My solution - dont use Safari with PVE, Chrome works fine as does Firefox. Not my preferred solution but it works.
I updated yesterday to pve-manager/7.0-9/228c9caa and all seems to work again in safari 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4).
Note that opening the web inspector + shift+reload works wonders.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!