[SOLVED] Ryzen 9 3900X, B550M Pro4, ASR8805E keeps resetting

MasterTH

Renowned Member
Jun 12, 2009
www.sonog.de
Hi,

the system i mentioned above has a strange issue. I installed it, and it worked like a charme for one week. In that week one of the hard drives failed, i found out that it was a SAS-SATA Cable Connector issue and wanted to replace that cable. After replacement, the raid10 was recognized again and is now rebuilding (currently ~10%). Now the system has a boot loop.
After Grub-Screen it shows up the pve-version, then loading inital ram disk - and reset. That repeats all the time.
I also tried to boot a rescue-linux, same result. After grub-screen the whole system resets and starts rebooting. When i remove the asr8805e the rescue system is booting.

i updated the firmware of the controller and the bios to the latest version i got from the manu.-website still the same issue.

I decided to wait now till the rebuild is ready and then look what happens.
Does some one have an idea what can issue that strange behaviour?

best regards

short update:

changed the power supply - no change
changed the mobo - no change
put the storage configuration (asr8805 and the hard drives) into an intel - system boots up

resolved....

after nothing helped me out, i tried memtest in multi-thread support, the first time it failed with the same result, just resetted the whole system. the second boot with multi-threading enabled all the cores and starts working. now the system is working again as it should.

i think it has something to do with disabled cores because of idle and then it got an error when turning them on again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!