running proxmox 1.9 and 2.0

c0mputerking

Oct 5, 2011
I guess i was a bit optimistic of the time-line for proxmox 2.0, I know it is beta and i also know the Proxmox Dev's are awesome thanks Proxmox team.

However i really need a bit more reliability, and backup features. I know this might have been asked before but here it goes again.

Can i run version 2.0 and 1.9 on the same machine debian squeeze or will this cause me even more problems?

I am not a developer but i am excited to try the new additions you mentioned, will they be added to the Debian Squeeze repositories soon?

I am a bit confused as to how git works, as i have never really used git before do i really need all the prerequisites for development environment mentioned in step 2 of the documentation. As git seems to already be on my system and i have managed to download all the git packages to /usr/src on my system and rebooted but now i am stuck. Could be cause i did not download the development packages or could be that i do not know what i am doing.

Anyways i am stumped here how do i dinstall or whatever to update my pve system.

Sorry in advance for the newbie question

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!