[SOLVED] Routing issue on quad network interface

bharrisii

Apr 14, 2022
Hey all. I have had my Proxmox homelab setup running for some time without issue. However, when I try to designate a network subnet to an interface I run into issues. My goal is to have a dedicated bridge for DMZ systems/containers that will be off a network port on my Pfsense FW. So far I am able to ping the host assigned to the DMZ on the broad network, but the DMZ host cannot contact its gateway. I am banging my head as this seems like it should work. From the PfSense I am seeing arp and can ping it as well.

Proxmox host:
proxmox-ve: 7.2-1 (running kernel: 5.15.39-4-pve)
1662333353456.jpeg

DMZ host:

1662333434120.jpeg

Thank you for any suggestions.

10.0.0.0/16 is no valid IP. Either leave it empty or give PVE a valid IP like 10.0.0.2/16.

I tried that using either blank or as you suggested. The DMZ host still cannot ping the gateway on the FW 10.0.0.1. However, when I changed the IP to 10.0.0.2 it was able to ping the PVE host, but again in isolation.

Update IP on the Proxmox host:
1662336439383.jpeg

DMZ host:
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
default 10.0.0.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
10.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 0 0 0 eth0

Thanks!

SOLVED. Thank you for the help, I was able to sort it out. I had an IP overlap for the VPN, I forgot about as well only allowed TCP on my test rule so ICMP would not work by design. I had a feeling it was something I was over looking.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!