RollBack Upgrade Proxmox 6

Diego Mendoza

Aug 21, 2019
Dear, there is some way to undo a minor update Ex: Proxmox VE 6.0-6 to Proxmox VE 6.0-4
I look forward to your help.

May I suggest you reply with reasons why. It would assist the devs with understanding issues end users experience outside their test environments.

Dear, there is some way to undo a minor update Ex: Proxmox VE 6.0-6 to Proxmox VE 6.0-4

I concur with @PlOrAdmin about your reasons.

In general this is possible, if you know exactly which versions you're looking for, e.g. this works:

Code:
proxmox-laptop:~# apt-get install pve-manager=6.0-4
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
  pve-manager
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 1977 kB of archives.
After this operation, 15.4 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

I do ZFS snapshoting every 5 minutes and it saved my butt quite a few times already with Proxmox ;-). In worst case it's even possible to attach your boot-disk(s) to another comp and rollback everything there.

I do ZFS snapshoting every 5 minutes and it saved my butt quite a few times already with Proxmox ;-). In worst case it's even possible to attach your boot-disk(s) to another comp and rollback everything there.

That's a good practise. More interesting would be what went wrong, wouldn't it?

More interesting would be what went wrong, wouldn't it?

Well, that's relative: the OP wants to rollback => the most interesting thing for him is to rollback. When he is using ZFS snapshotting, it's an easy thing. When not, he can start doing it and rollback later.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!