Reverse Proxy connection to Web Interface not possible anymore after update

insane

Oct 11, 2020
Hello,

yesterday I moved my proxmox VMs to a new Proxmox Server with the only difference being, that the old Proxmox hat v6.1 and the one I transferred the VMs to is on v6.2.

I use a reverse proxy to access my services (pfSense, Proxmox Webinterface, Webmail,...). I have a VM which is hosting docker and the nginx reverse proxy.

The reverse proxy is working in order for all the services except for Proxmox. The configuration did not change and it worked before on the Server with the older version of proxmox.

I did a tcpdump on the Proxmox Host, to check if the connection is even coming through. But it looks like there is something wrong:
Code:
10.10.45.1.48228 > pmx.8006: Flags [S], cksum 0x4144 (incorrect -> 0x3086), seq 3027134887, win 29200, options [mss 1460,sackOK,TS val 3137056663 ecr 0,nop,wscale 7], length 0

10.10.45.1 = Docker Host -> 10.10.0.1 = Proxmox Host

Am I missing any configuration in the Proxmox Server which doesnt allow me to connect through the reverse proxy?

Is the firewall running? Does it allow connections from 10.10.45.1?
Is nginx maybe checking the SSL ccertificate which now, of course, has changed?

Is the firewall running? Does it allow connections from 10.10.45.1?
Is nginx maybe checking the SSL ccertificate which now, of course, has changed?
Thank you for your response.
No the firewall is turned off.
As far as I am aware, nginx does not check any certificate if serving as a reverse proxy. Couldn't find anything on the internet at least.

It doesn't by default, that's true.

At least I can tell you that there is no special configuration needed to have the Proxmox GUI respond to a reverse proxy, since it worked out of the box on my nodes.

I would still guess that it's a configuration problem within nginx's proxy definition.

It doesn't by default, that's true.

At least I can tell you that there is no special configuration needed to have the Proxmox GUI respond to a reverse proxy, since it worked out of the box on my nodes.

I would still guess that it's a configuration problem within nginx's proxy definition.
The configuration I used, worked for the last few months without any problems. The problem started after I moved the VMs to another physical host.

Then you should find out what is different now than before. Proxmox GUI surely has no problem with a reverse proxy. ;-)

Yeah I am trying to do that and I believe aswell, that the GUI has no problem with reverse proxy. The thing which caught my attention was, that the TCP packet is definitely received by the proxmox server.

The only thing which changed (which I am aware of) was the version of Proxmox, so I thought, maybe something changed on the Proxmox side.

Anyway, thanks for your help ph0x :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!