return all vlan tags in use - next free tag?

Marcin Kubica

Feb 13, 2019
Heya

Anyone could help me find what call can return all used VLANs (tags) across the cluster?

API doc search seems to not work. I've tried browsing but likely missed it.

Also, is there an option for tag same as next free vmid?
1601545349899.png
1601545377317.png1601545400280.png

Last edited:
hi,

there is currently no such api call

you can get them with multiple calls to the nodes network config and to each vm/ct

why exactly do you need this in an api call? do you need to check this often?

Heya
why exactly do you need this in an api call? do you need to check this often?
I have a use case for isolating networks for a set of VMs bridged to loopback as vmbr. As to the frequency of checking it might be once or hundreds of times per day. Wondering how to otherwise address such isolation dynamically.

how do you mean? you have to isolate vm from the network? why don't you disable the network adapter?

I mean I need a set of VMs running on the same host, all having networking within the set, but not with VMs in the other set.

also maybe the 'in-beta' sdn features can help you? https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Software_Defined_Network
Maybe, and SDN looks very neat, however, I need a stable (non-beta) solution at the moment.

btw. any chance you guys could fix the search capabilities in API search, so it actually returns something? ;-)

Maybe, and SDN looks very neat, however, I need a stable (non-beta) solution at the moment.
yeah for now, the only workaround is to write a script that does the relevant api calls and filter it out yourself

btw. any chance you guys could fix the search capabilities in API search, so it actually returns something? ;-)
i just tried, it filters the api calls correctly but does not search for any parameter or return value, so it works but is just limited atm

Reactions: Marcin Kubica
i just tried, it filters the api calls correctly but does not search for any parameter or return value, so it works but is just limited atm
Yes, and this makes it virtually unusable. If you guys could add full text search it would be cool. Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!