Restrict SMTP to authenticated sessions

Masterfion

May 2, 2018
Good morning, everyone,

I'd like to replace our Microsoft SMTP server (which replaces our Symantec Security Gateway cluster whose contracts have expired and been abandoned) but despite many tests I can't get a very important feature back in place for us.

We develop applications that must use our SMTP relay so emails are sent from the Internet. In this case, we would like only sessions with authentication to be accepted.
I've added our dedicated LDAP server, I've added LDAP Users to the global white list but I can't restrict (or let pass) only mail from authenticated sessions.

Could you direct me on how to get my way?

(please.. Help me remove the Microsoft server!!!!!)
Thank you so much :)

you shoud install saslauthd, maybe connected to an ldap server, copy /var/lib/pmg/templates/main.cf.in and master.cf.in in /etc/pmg/templates/ and enable authenticated submission.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!