restoring vms and containers from backup on share

droidus

Apr 5, 2020
I have vms and containers backed up onto a network share. I have a new instance of proxmox. What is going to be the easiest way to import these backups to restore these machines? they were done via PBS. I am running 7.2.

You would probably need to set up another pbs instance, import the data store from that network share and define the new pbs as a storage in pve.
Then you can restore the machines backuped there.

Reactions: droidus
Got it. I'm on my PBS storage device now in proxmox.

I see MANY backups. I have to click on each one to see the actual name (right now the names consist of vm/xxx/xxxx... or ct/xxx/xxx...).
Is there any way to filter or make it easier to identify the backups without having to click on each unique instance, and do Show Configuration? Any way to show the latest backup of a particular instance?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!