Restoring a Dump to a New Server with a Different Storage Folder Name

forbin

Dec 16, 2021
I backed up a VM located in folder /main_pool on PVE server VMHOST01 to an NFS share on a different server. Now I'm trying to restore it from the NFS server to folder /zpool0 on PVE server VMHOST02. However, when I attempt to restore the dump, I get an error message that 'main_pool' does not exist. That's true, because the new PVE servers use the folder name zpool0, not main_pool. I looked at the binary dump file (.zst) and noticed that it contains the line...

main_pool:base-103-disk-0,cache=writeback,size=150Ghw-scsi-pci

I suppose I could edit the binary file and change main_pool to zpool0, but is there an easier way?

Last edited:
Never mind, figured it out. I just have to select the target storage from the drop-down instead of accepting the default, which is to get it from the backup configuration.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!