Restore ssl certificate

pegoku

Jan 21, 2022
Hello,
I have a server with proxmox installed and I wanted to be able to add an ssl certificate so that I didn't get the message that the site is dangerous when I wanted to enter, I did it and now it won't let me enter the wi,
could I put the certificate back original and how?
Thank you very much

Hello,
I have a server with proxmox installed and I wanted to be able to add an ssl certificate so that I didn't get the message that the site is dangerous when I wanted to enter, I did it and now it won't let me enter the wi,
could I put the certificate back original and how?
Thank you very much
screenshot of your login screen or error? Seems like your message was cut off.

i used the terminal and changet the default ssl to my custom one
Okay, then I suspect you have not done it correctly. You'll need to reverse your steps.

Just to be clear, any reason you didn't use the GUI?

How, i changed the ssl
i didn't a backup of the file
okay. did you change any webserver config? Or just tried replacing the certificate? It's possible you may be able to delete the certificate entirely, and reboot the server to generate a new self signed certificate on boot. I haven't tried this, so any risk is your own.

okay. did you change any webserver config? Or just tried replacing the certificate? It's possible you may be able to delete the certificate entirely, and reboot the server to generate a new self signed certificate on boot. I haven't tried this, so any risk is your own.
no, i only changed the ssl i will try

how i can change the cert for a "sure" certificate
Do you have a public IP or HTTP port forwarding for your server? Or run your own DNS? You can get a Let's Encrypt certificate, but it requires a bit of setup. Alternatively you can buy a certificate and then install it with the GUI.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!