restore old backup fails

ewuewu

Renowned Member
Sep 14, 2010
Hamburg
Hi all,

I've installed a bradnew proxmox cluster (Vers 5.4-3). Now I would like to restore some old vm's from an old 2.2-32 environment. Unfortunately this fails.

Whenever I click on restore the system creates an empty vm with some default values and in the taskviewer pop up I get 'TASK ERROR: VM is locked (create)'. Afterwards the prozess stucks.

The old backup format is ...tar.lzo like 'vzdump-qemu-102-2019_03_30-14_37_23.tar.lzo'

How can I restore from such an old backup? Any ideas?

can you try from the command line and post the output?

Code:
qm create NEWVMID --archive <path to file>

I hope it is okay to revive this old thread.
I have the exact problem restoring a qemu backup from old proxmox (1.5) onto current version. the backup is in *.tgz format. qmrestore or qm create results in almost immediate error of "VM is locked (create)".
Any hint is appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!