Restic using rclone backend results in error backing up offsite. Error 500.

Jarvar

Aug 27, 2019
This may not be the correct place to post, but I am trying to find a solution to this issue.

I just started using rclone to backup my files from a Proxmox node to a remote location on a Synology NAS.
However, I realized that partial backups could complicate things using rclone alone.
I saw reports that Restic had the ability to resume from partial or failed attempts for a complete backup at once.
Hence I have been trying to do a backup utilizing rclone as a restic backend.
I mounted the rclone remote using restic and initiated a backup with

Restic -r rclone:remotemis01:Backups/restic/misnode01 backup --verbose /var/lib/vz/dump/vzdump-qemuXXXXXXXX

While the backup is running, I get this repeated message throughout.
Is this okay or is there some real problem going on?

unable to refresh lock: blob not removed, server response: 500 Internal Server Error (500)
[6:48:57] 34.22% 0 files 26.033 GiB, total 1 files 76.075 GiB, 0 errors ETA 13:06:06

Thank you for any assistance or information provided.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!