Ubuntu (a) = RAM 2GB (Running)
Ubuntu (b) = RAM 2GB (Running)
Ubuntu (c) = RAM 4GB (Running)
Windows (d) = RAM 8GB (Running)
Ubuntu (e) = RAM 2GB (Running)

Total RAM = 24GB
Usage RAM = 18GB
Balance = 6GB

My Proxmox virtual environment is running 5 Virtual machines with different allocation and I need to know that I want to add a new server to my pve with 8GB RAM so I just shutdown my Windows (d) = RAM 8GB and , expect to install a new server . Could I use Shutdown server's RAM ?

What do you mean by that?

In general, you can run as many VMs as your virtual memory allows, so in theory, you could also run an additional 8 GB machine, but you will have swapping.
I need to run a new vm with 8GB RAM and I'm already running a vm with 8GB too , lets say
A= (new vm expect to install) ,
B= ( already running vm with 8GB)
so if I shutdown (B) without deleting , can I use (B)'s RAM on new vm (A) if I created with 16 GB ,
will it grab (B) 's RAM to (A) without issues ? did you get my question !

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!