[SOLVED] Reset replication runner from monthly to minutely

Jan 31, 2021
Hello, I am currently running a proxmox standalone system and have set the replication runner from minute to month to save the write load with

systemctl edit --full pvesr.timer

But now I would like to set up additional nodes for replication. How can I restart the replication runner every minute. I could not find a solution in the forum. Can someone please push me in the right direction?

Best regards
Thomas

Hi,
does editing the timer again not work, i.e. setting OnCalendar=minutely? What does systemctl status pvesr.timer tell you?

Note that you can set the replication schedule for each individual job. The pvesr service will just look if there are any scheduled jobs and if there aren't, it won't do anything. If a replication job happens too often, you should adjust the schedule for the job itself.

systemctl status pvesr.timer

shows:

Code:
thomas@pve:~$ sudo systemctl status pvesr.timer
[sudo] Passwort für thomas:
● pvesr.timer - Proxmox VE replication runner
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pvesr.timer; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (waiting) since Thu 2021-06-10 18:36:27 CEST; 4 days ago
  Trigger: Thu 2021-07-01 00:00:00 CEST; 2 weeks 1 days left

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

I'm not sure how i can change the timer. What should the command line look like?

Ok, I edited the /etc/systemd/system/pvesr.timer with the option OnCalendar=minutely and it works, thanks!

Thomas

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!