Request: Allow cache options to be set for storage

obrienmd

Oct 14, 2009
I've found when running lvm on hardware raid (at least in our specific environment), performance seems to be improved by setting cache=none in a vm's qemu conf file on all storage. Would it be possible to add the ability to set cache options in the web interface when setting up a vm?

I've found when running lvm on hardware raid (at least in our specific environment), performance seems to be improved by setting cache=none in a vm's qemu conf file on all storage. Would it be possible to add the ability to set cache options in the web interface when setting up a vm?

Or use "cache=none" for raw devices as default?

Or use "cache=none" for raw devices as default?

Perhaps, but I don't know enough to say that's always optimal... It's just been my experience. Depending on different storage configurations, memory amount, memory bandwidth, etc, etc, etc - others may have different results.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!