Replication call qemu agent ?

dea

Renowned Member
Feb 6, 2009
Hi all, I've a very simple question.
When I use zfs replication function, pve call qemu agent (if enable) to ensure the target storage (with VSS in Win VM) ?

Very thanks

Luca

Sorry, but it doesn't work.
Windows VM with qemu agent installed (and drivers for serial communication), qemu agent flag is ON on options, after replication, if I start clone vm.... "windows is not shutting down properly"... the VSS seems not to work...

Yes I know, I said that badly.
The VSS is not called (I have checked in Windows log) during the replication process, while if I explicit call fs-freeze in command line works... and logged in Windows log).

Thanks

Check if the qemu guest agent is working

qm agent <vmid> info

In Proxmox shell, if I call "qm agent <vmid> fs-freeze", I see VSS enable into Windows VM log.
Seems qemu agent works very well

This is a Windows permission problem.
The Network Service user has not the permission to use the vss.

To fix this grand them grand the user access to the qemu-guest-agent or run the qemu-guest-agent as a user who has this permission but be aware of your security setting.

Are you sure that's the case Wolfgang? I remember that being an issue on the earlier Qemu Agent's for Windows installers but thought they'd fixed that?

Also he's saying if he calls the fsfreeze manually it's working, it's not calling it on the replication however.

Yes your correct.
I found the bug, patch will soon available.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
Yes your correct.
I found the bug, patch will soon available.

Excellent.

I think it's listed as experimental at this stage as it's new but regardless want to say thanks for this new feature. Not sure any other virtualisation platform has something quite this slick for smaller installations to use. Good job :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!