repeatedly problem with proxmox.

Melanxolik

Dec 18, 2013
We have small cluster with 15 nodes.
This cluster always has problem cluster syncronization, we always need restart cluster nodes.
Proxmox very does not stable product on cluster systems.

/etc/init.d/pvestatd does not fix problem syncronization.

proxmox-state.png

Code:
# clustat 
Cluster Status for freu @ Thu Jun 11 11:38:21 2015
Member Status: Quorate

Member Name                                                     ID   Status
 ------ ----                                                     ---- ------
 cluster-1-1                                                         1 Online, Local, rgmanager
 cluster-1-2                                                         2 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-3                                                         3 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-4                                                         4 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-5                                                         5 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-6                                                         6 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-7                                                         7 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-8                                                         8 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-9                                                         9 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-10                                                       10 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-11                                                       11 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-12                                                       12 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-13                                                       13 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-14                                                       14 Online, rgmanager
 cluster-1-15                                                       15 Online, rgmanager

Service Name                                                     Owner (Last)                                                     State         
 ------- ----                                                     ----- ------                                                     -----         
 service:web-adm                                                  cluster-1-14                                                     started

Code:
# group_tool ls
fence domain
member count  15
victim count  0
victim now    0
master nodeid 1
wait state    none
members       1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 

dlm lockspaces
name          rgmanager
id            0x5231f3eb
flags         0x00000000 
change        member 15 joined 1 remove 0 failed 0 seq 23,23

name          clvmd
id            0x4104eefa
flags         0x00000000 
change        member 15 joined 1 remove 0 failed 0 seq 26,26

this problem appeared after two reboot one node in cluster and such a problem when we use constantly proxmox

Now I could be very wrong about this - but AFAIK, you can't have community and non-community in the same cluster, and all systems in a cluster have to be under the same level of support... I wonder if that is causing some of your problems? Possibly different versions of software available via subscription vs community edition

Ok, I wasn't sure if all nodes had the subscription or not as the picture you posted only showed the two green nodes which made me wonder if the others were not on subscription.

Downgrade to kernel 2.6.32-34-pve. And test it should be work. We had the same problem, with every kernel newer then 2.6.32-34-pve. We don't know why, maybe the High Number of VMs. And we have the same problem on to different locations. Network is on both ok. I also tested it with omping, and when the cluster ist broken omping works fine! So, i don't know.... Bug? ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!