Repeat Missed backup job does not work

chchia

Aug 18, 2020
Code:
Since scheduled backups miss their execution when the host was offline or the pvescheduler was disabled during the scheduled time, it is possible to configure the behaviour for catching up. By enabling the Repeat missed option (repeat-missed in the config), you can tell the scheduler that it should run missed jobs as soon as possible.

from the description, it appear that Proxmox should keep repeat trying the missed backup task until the PBS host is online.

however in actual situation, the missed backup job just never get run again.

example i have this CT setup to be backup daily at 9pm. but intentionally shutdown PBS on that time, and after PBS restarted, Proxmox never able to repeat missed backup task.

am i missing something?

1703913025616.png

1703912967919.png

Do you maybe virtualize your PBS on the same PVE node?
Because it will start the backup job right after rebooting before all guests are started. So if your backup target is provided by a VM/LXC it will fail because the backup storage couldn't be enabled yet.
I wrote a VZDump hook script as a workaround for that situation which will delay the backup jobs by X minutes after reboot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!