Rename backup files

jozunov

Jan 21, 2021
What's the command in terminal for renaming the backup files?
For example: vzdump-qemu-204-2020_11_30-13_08_06.vma.zst to vzdump-qemu-204-2020_11_30-13_08_06-SERVERNAME.vma.zst

Code:
mv old-name new-name

mv is short for 'move'

not directly, but you can use the shell of the webui to use the cli there
or use e.g. a vzdump hook script to automate that (if possible)

After updating to 6.3-3 I see now there's an option to add notes to a backup, that'll serve my purpose.

On second thought, it would be nice to lock/protect/tag a backup from being deleted due to the backup retention policy. My work around is to move any special backups I want to keep to a different storage location.

On second thought, it would be nice to lock/protect/tag a backup from being deleted due to the backup retention policy. My work around is to move any special backups I want to keep to a different storage location.
yes that would be a nice feature, do you want to open a feature request for this? (or check if there is already one on https://bugzilla.proxmox.com )

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!