removing PVE

diversity

Feb 19, 2020
I mean no disrespect. I love PVE and run it on several servers and will not change any time soon.

However for my development laptop it is not working out ;(

Reason I install PVE in the first place is having a mirrored zfs root. I found no other distro that has that out of the box.
But bridging a wifi is too complex for a newcomer like me so I am now using virtual machine manager to do the virtualisation. Hence, and once again I do not mean to speak ill, I no longer need PVE on this laptop.

How can I remove all traces of it?

tried all steps ib the link above. rebooted and can still log into localhost:8006
pve still running fine.
Code:
apt remove --purge proxmox-ve
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package 'proxmox-ve' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 15 not upgraded.

I would like to completely remove any and all traces of proxmox. how to proceed?

or if someone knows of a linux distro with mirrored zfs root installer that would also solve the problem

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!