[SOLVED] Removed Node, VMs still in gui.

Colonal

Aug 21, 2018
I've had a 2 node cluster, and I am in the process of replacing my second node. It has all new hardware so it needs reformatted. I shutdown all CT/VMs and made additional backups.

Then I removed the node following the cluster manager help topic. I did have to use pvecm expected 1 because I got the message cluster not ready - no quorum?, and that's what other posts said to do. It did work and it is gone from the Datacenter Cluster page. But in the Server View column, my second node is still displayed. When expanding it, all of the storage is gone, but the CT/VMs are still display, but now with a ? next to them.

I have rebooted the remaining node, to see if that would help, they are still present. I can't remove them with lxc-destroy --name 106 or pct destroy 106 because they don't have configuration files on any storage for this node.

Did I do this out of order so I'm stuck with that? It wouldn't be terrible, but I'd like to remove them if possible.

Hi,
Did I do this out of order so I'm stuck with that? It wouldn't be terrible, but I'd like to remove them if possible.
Normally you should remove all guests before removing a node.
This is guest config deletion prevention.
Now you have to delete is manual over the fs.

the path would be this.
/etc/pve/nodes/<nodename>/lxc/<vmid>.conf

the path would be this.
/etc/pve/nodes/<nodename>/lxc/<vmid>.conf

Thanks I removed those confs and it removed them from the GUI. The node still is shown in the GUI, should I just remove the /etc/pve/nodes/<nodename> directory?

Yes, but be sure it is the correct node what you remove ;-)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!