Removed Firewall in Command line

Bioshi

Mar 29, 2018
Hello,
wanting to configure the proxmox firewall, I find myself no longer have access to the web console and ssh.
The server is hosted at Online.net which provides a backup distribution in case of trouble.
When I use this backup, I mount my raid1, I get in partition:
md126 and md127

According to the different post that I read on the forum it must be done in
/mnt/md126/etc/pve/firewall/cluster.fw Except that this file does not exist, the / mnt / md126 / etc / pve directory is empty.
I tried to create this file, edit it with enable: 0 without success.

Another solution is to edit the file /mnt/md126/etc/rc.local is to add pve-firewall stop always without success.

Another solution is to edit the file / mnt / md126 / etc / default / pve-firewall with START_FIREWALL = no, still without success.

Now what seems odd to me is that it is a solution that worked for others, so I wonder if I did some things wrong?

Thank you

I managed to get ssh access to proxmox but I still do not have access to the web console.
I can not do the command pve-firewall stop: connection refused.

As I can not stop the proxmox firewall, what rules I need to edit to get access to the web console.
My /etc/pve/firewall/cluster.fw file is empty

You need to get pmxcfs running first (service pve-cluster). This service starts the fuse file system that provides the contents of /etc/pve/

i get this:

Code:
systemctl status pve-cluster.service
● pve-cluster.service - The Proxmox VE cluster filesystem
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/pve-cluster.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2018-03-29 14:08:48 CEST; 32s ago
  Process: 2501 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pmxcfs (code=exited, status=255)
      CPU: 7ms

Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 systemd[1]: Starting The Proxmox VE cluster filesystem...
Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 pmxcfs[2501]: fuse: mountpoint is not empty
Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 pmxcfs[2501]: fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 pmxcfs[2501]: [main] crit: fuse_mount error: File exists
Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 pmxcfs[2501]: [main] crit: fuse_mount error: File exists
Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 pmxcfs[2501]: [main] notice: exit proxmox configuration filesystem (-1)
Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 systemd[1]: pve-cluster.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=255
Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 systemd[1]: Failed to start The Proxmox VE cluster filesystem.
Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 systemd[1]: pve-cluster.service: Unit entered failed state.
Mar 29 14:08:48 sd-65305 systemd[1]: pve-cluster.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Code:
pmxcfs -f
fuse: mountpoint is not empty
fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
[main] crit: fuse_mount error: File exists
[main] notice: exit proxmox configuration filesystem (-1)

Ok I found the solution thanks to dietmar who put me on the track (Kiss)
I created the folder / etc / pve / firewall
Which at once prevented the execution of the pve-cluster service.

Thank you :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!